Diseases of the uterine cervix are a widely spread pathology which develops in females of any age.
The uterine cervix diseases are subdivided as follows:
- background diseases of the uterine cervix (erosion and pseudoerosions of the uterine cervix, leukoplakia, various kinds of polyps, flat condylomas);
- pre-malignant conditions of the uterine cervix (dysplasia);
- inflammatory diseases of the uterine cervix (endocervicitis, cervicitis).
While the background and inflammatory diseases of the uterine cervix become malignant rather rare, the pre-malignant conditions quite often cause oncologic degeneration. Benign pathological processes in the uterine cervix make just a background whereon tumorous condition of the epithelium – dysplasia which are referred to pre-malignant diseases – originates if the treatment was untimely or inadequate.
Causes of the uterine cervix diseases:
The causes of the inflammatory diseases of the uterine cervix are:
- hormone deficiency of the ovaries;
- mechanical traumas (child birth, abortions);
- inflammatory diseases of the uterine cervix and vagina;
- immunity disorders;
- genetic defects;
- viral lesion of the uterine cervix.
In the majority of cases the inflammatory diseases of the uterine cervix are asymptomatic and often appear on the background of other reproductive system diseases. That is why it is recommended that all women pass periodic gynecologic screening twice a year so as to detect the uterine cervix pathology in time.
Diagnosis of the uterine cervix diseases
“Gameta” Reproductive Health Medical Centre performs complex diagnosis that enables to detect uterine cervix disease at an early stage:
- colposcopy (examination with the aid of a colposcope) of the uterine cervix;
- cytological examination;
- histological examination of tissues (bioptic sample) of the uterine cervix and cervical scraping;
- bacteriological study;
- analyses for the sexually transmitted infections with the use of PCR metods and DNA diagnosis.
Risk group for the uterine cervix pathology development:
- Human papilloma virus carriers (HPV) of oncogenous serotypes (16, 18, 31, 45 and about ten viruses of the intermediate risk more).
- Early beginning of the sexual life.
- Frequent changes of sexual partners over a lifetime.
Treatment of the uterine cervix diseases in “Gameta” Medical Centre
Gynecologic specialists of “Gameta” Medical Centre offer the most effective methods of treating the uterine cervix diseases:
- chemical coagulation;
- laser coagulation (application of a non-focused laser radiation beam of minimal intensity);
- treatment of the uterine cervix erosion with radio waves with the aid of “Surgitron” equipment is the most effective surgical technique which uses radio waves as a surgical knife.
Advantages of treating the uterine cervix diseases in “Gameta” Medical Centre
- Treatment of the uterine cervix pathology is selected on the basis of the individual approach to each patient.
- Treatment course is based on the use of the most effective methods.
- The Centre is provided with the unique equipment for diagnosis and treatment of the uterine cervix diseases – a digital colposcope and a radio wave therapy unit “Surgitron.
- Treatment of the primary disease that has led to a pathological process in the uterine cervix and treatment of the concurrent inflammatory processes in the uterine cervix and vagina are performed.
- For one year after treating background diseases of the uterine cervix a woman stays under medical supervision (gynecological examination, colposcopy and cytological examination).